News:

The dirt bike, street bike, UTV, and quad forum is now available in Spanish and French for those who wish to switch languages. Give us some feedback on the Spanish and French conversions please!

Main Menu

Two Stroke ATV's in 2023

Started by kennhurr, May 05, 2023, 04:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennhurr

Looking for some data to see if there are any two stroke ATV's being produced in 2023. Are the two-stroke quads gone forever?

animal

Most major ATV manufacturers had shifted to producing 4-stroke engines due to environmental regulations and emissions standards.

While some specialized or niche manufacturers might still produce 2-stroke ATVs for certain markets, the majority of mainstream ATV manufacturers had transitioned to 4-stroke engines for their vehicles. 4-stroke engines are generally preferred for their improved fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, and smoother power delivery.

2 strokers are long gone from the big boys...

For Honda, the last year that they produced a 2-stroke ATV was in 1989. The Honda TRX250R, which was a high-performance two-stroke ATV, was produced until 1989. After that, Honda shifted its focus to producing 4-stroke ATV models to comply with evolving environmental regulations and emissions standards.

The last year that Kawasaki produced a 2-stroke ATV was in 2006. The Kawasaki KFX400, which was a sport ATV, utilized a 2-stroke engine and was manufactured until 2006.

Polaris produced its last 2-stroke ATV in the early 2000's. The Polaris Trail Blazer 250 was one of the 2-stroke ATVs produced by Polaris, and its production continued until around 2006.

The last year that Suzuki produced a 2-stroke ATV was in the mid-2000's. The Suzuki QuadSport Z400, which was a sport ATV, featured a 2-stroke engine and was manufactured until around 2008.

Last but not least, the last year that Yamaha produced a 2-stroke ATV was in the mid-2000's. The Yamaha Blaster 200, a popular 2-stroke sport ATV, was produced until around 2006.

I don't see 2 stroke engines making a comeback in 2023 or anytime soon.

vick80

I think the 2 stroke quads have a bad reputataion for being noisy and dirty so I don't see why any manufacturer would bring back the 2 stroke quads.

Featured ATV's: Buyang | Durabull | Eton | Hyosung | Madami | Qlink

Gallery | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy