News:

The dirt bike, street bike, UTV, and quad forum is now available in Spanish and French for those who wish to switch languages. Give us some feedback on the Spanish and French conversions please!

Main Menu

Motorcycle Dealer Financing

Started by hal, May 17, 2019, 06:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal

Anyone have thoughts on motorcycle dealer financing? Looking for some input, or should I look at using a private bank?

chuckster

Depends how much you are borrowing. I would never use motorcycle dealer financing for a large loan, but if it were a small investment it may be fine. With a private bank loan you'll almost always get a better rate on financing a motorcycle or anything else. I believe the dealerships actually make money on the financing.
-- Ride Safe --
Chuckster

Team_BTAQ

Go with private bank and get pre-approved for a motorcycle loan whenever possible. It's easier when you get to the dealership. And it takes all the salesmanship out of the financing part of buying a bike.

kennhurr

Make sure you always get pre-approved for a loan before visiting a motorcycle dealership. This helps you understand your budget and strengthens your negotiating position with the dealership. Remember these salesman are ready for you!

And make sure you know your credit score. Your credit score significantly impacts the interest rate you'll receive. Check your score before hitting the dealership and attempt to address any credit issues.

And definitely don't settle for the first loan offer you receive. Make sure you compare rates and terms from more than one bank, credit union, or online lender so you can compare with the motorcycle dealer financing.

You have to take as much time with the financing as you do choosing the right motorcycle otherwise you'll be sorry.

Featured ATV's: Buyang | Durabull | Eton | Hyosung | Madami | Qlink

Gallery | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy